Adam Gibson is an architectural designer and consultant specializing in luxury homes, additions, kitchens and bathrooms, entertainment spaces, and commercial suites. Known for an infusion of natural light, clean lines, warmth, and efficient use of space, Adam brings an outside-the-box imagination, an ear attuned to his clients’ needs, eco-friendly technologies and the desire to create a healthy indoor environment.
Comprehensive construction documents along with color renderings, contractor-client liaison, and management are all services available to clients. Adam is a Certified Master Kitchen and Bath Designer, Certified Living-in-Place Professional as well as a Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist. He consults with builders and developers to create best practices for safe and healthy environments.
After spending several years as an apprentice to a local craftsman in the northeast, he formed a home improvement company in the early eighties. After a five year detour as a full-time musician with the associated touring of the Lower 48 and a few countries, he grew tired of the “starving artist” lifestyle and settled in Nashville, TN where he created an award-winning design/build firm in 1995.
Although construction is no longer part of his business, Adam’s experience as a general contractor enables him to design for real life; despite that many projects are uniquely cutting edge, his designs are created with the practical in mind.
A designer based in Indianapolis since 2003, his projects range from traditional to ultra-contemporary to merely eclectic. The common thread is thoughtful and creative design for everyday living and working.
Correspondingly a professional photographer (he shoots for several architectural magazines) Adam’s photography site is here.
Adam Gibson Design in the Media
- Living in Place: Thoughtful Design for Every Season of Life, KIT Magazine, January 2020.
- Designer Shares Thoughtful Design for Aging Families without Compromising Aesthetics, Indy Style TV show, September 2019.
- The Craigslist Project, Indianapolis Monthly, May 2012—The “deconstruction” of a 1950’s ranch and its replacement by Adam’s eco-friendly and high-tech home. (PDF)
- Winner of “Before and After” Contest, Better Homes and Gardens Kitchen Makeovers, Fall 2006.
- Multiple references: Sophisticated Living, Indianapolis Monthly, Carmel City Magazine, The Tennessean, and various syndicated publications.
- Past Board of Directors, National Kitchen & Bath Association, National Chapter.
- Past President, National Kitchen & Bath Association, Indiana Chapter.
- Past President, NAHB Remodelers Council, Middle Tennessee Chapter.
- Advisory Board, Indiana Design Center.
- Board Member, National Association of the Remodeling Industry, Indiana.